Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Update on hiding veggies

Update on the "hide the veggies muffins":
This morning the little one woke up at 5:15! So what do you do with all that extra time? Muffins of course.  Well, we did bread cause we are out of muffin cups.  This morning my ninja was in the dishwasher so I started out chopping the veggies by hand but I just couldn't get them as small as I wanted.  Then came my light bulb moment.  BLENDER! I have a feeling this is the way I will be doing it from now on.  dump all the wet stuff in the blender and let 'er rip.  All the veggies got liquified enough that there was only a slight green tinge instead of my usual 3-5 mm sized chunks.  No chance for the boy to pick out the big pieces.  Yay! Today's combo was Banana, applesauce, spinach, kale, chard and almond butter.  Yum


No comments:

Post a Comment